Volvarine

Hi from South Africa

The Final ratio in the automatic transmission needs to be made shorter, the stock is too long, too much load on the frictions of the gearbox. I recomend 4.1 (I use) and 3.8, with the stock 3.5.

Clearances in packages of friction clutches, too, should be slightly reduced. 

The idea is good, except that it is necessary to prepare morally and materially to change once a month these gearboxes.

I spoke to a autobox expert and he suggested I fit the sirion 1.5l autobox. The torque converter is bigger and stronger. He did say that the ABS light might come on. If that happens might have to build all the internals over from that box into my yrv box

Hi guys

Is there anyway I can better the brake feel on my car. It's always been like that it brakes low down I want it to brake higher on the pedal. Is it the brake booster?

What can I do?

I am going to replace the gt28 turbo on my car to try and get rid of the turbo lag. I bought a tb28 turbo. Will see how goes. Only thing is this turbo is only oil cooled.

Edited by Volvarine

Another thing that bothers me is the lack in power the car has on cold start with bigger turbo. When you drive it a bit and engine gets warm then it feels better. It's like they retard the timing when engine is cold so you cant boost it up, I think it's because of the oem turbo spooling to quickly and they want to protect the engine?l

7 минут назад, Volvarine сказал:

Another thing that bothers me is the lack in power the car has on cold start with bigger turbo. When you drive it a bit and engine gets warm then it feels better. It's like they retard the timing when engine is cold so you cant boost it up, I think it's because of the oem turbo spooling to quickly and they want to protect the engine?l

The lack of power might be caused by the lower oil pressure. It provide worse turbo feeding with the oil, and the high EGT may injury it. I guess.

Indeed, developer wants to prevent the turbo crash. You shouldn't fullthrottling till your engine has became hot.

What is your ECU?

593,35 руб.  33%СКИДКА | Ceyes 2 шт. авто лампы для автомобилей DRL светодиодный дневные ходовые огни автомобиля Стайлинг Аксессуары Поворотная направляющая полосная фара в сборе
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bbFJH8Oe

Dunno bro if it'll give u anything - I reckon u need da head from ve2 or intake\outake shafts. Try malasian forums. They got heaps of things.

В 12.09.2020 в 10:33, Volvarine сказал:

Hi guys long time no speak! I want to increase the rev limiter on my car how high will be save?

In my car, the engine rev limiter sets 7800 RPM, but it also rotates 8000

Cool! I've replaced the turbo again, car is going for tuning again on Tuesday. Want to ask tuner to lift rev limeter if it makes power past it.

9 hours ago, Yurz said:

In my car, the engine rev limiter sets 7800 RPM, but it also rotates 8000

Did you replace cams or any internals?

В 18.09.2020 в 00:14, Volvarine сказал:

Cool! I've replaced the turbo again, car is going for tuning again on Tuesday. Want to ask tuner to lift rev limeter if it makes power past it.

Did you replace cams or any internals?

Yes, installed camshafts from 3SZ (k3-ve2), cylinder head porting (~stage1).

В 25.09.2020 в 08:41, Volvarine сказал:

How about getting the 3sz head, intake and cams and just fit it onto our block? Does it fit directly with no issues?

bolt on )). As well as the intake manifold and throttle, although the manifold rests against the vacuum brake booster.

I've replaced the gt28 turbo with a tb28, spooling is much better but my water temps are running higher than usual. The tb28 is only oil cooled. I've also upgraded the radiator but doesn't make a differences. Even modified the bumper to force more air into the radiator but under load the water temp goes up a little just above the middle on warmer days. I am thinking of fitting an oil cooler as well.

I want to upgrade coil packs as well, any available? What is the best spark plugs for the car when running higher boost?

IMG-20201116-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20201116-WA0001.jpg